Загрузите в Загрузите в
freeriding in gudauri
13 декабря 2013 17:15
35 Posts
35 Posts
13 декабря 2013 17:15 Reply

hy all!

i know its the russian speaking forum, but this part of the forum is more frequented than the english speaking. we are 9 guys coming from austria. we will arrive in gudauri on the 2nd of february and will stay for 8 days. i have some questions and iam sure you know the answers.

first of all we will arrive at tbilisi at 2 am. we allready organised transfer, but we will arrive in gudauri very early in the morning. we plan to go skiing, but i am not sure what we are going to do until the lifts open. any suggestions?

we want do do some ski touring when we are there. i studied the possibilities and realizied there ist a lot to be done beside the runs down to the military road. where does the treck to the monastery start and are there any interesting ski tours beside that?

if its snowing (what we hope), are there any tree run options in the area?

we stay at gagieti hotel. i saw its a walk to the gondola, but what i saw on the maps it should be possible to ski there after a day of riding.

is there any map material (maybe in english) for the ski touring thing?

thanks a lot for your answers,

sven

13 декабря 2013 19:25
0 Posts
0 Posts
13 декабря 2013 19:25 Reply

Contact Gia from GudauriHut 

13 декабря 2013 22:34
57 Posts
57 Posts
13 декабря 2013 22:34 Reply

цитата: sven

hy all!

i know its the russian speaking forum, but this part of the forum is more frequented than the english speaking. we are 9 guys coming from austria. we will arrive in gudauri on the 2nd of february and will stay for 8 days. i have some questions and iam sure you know the answers.

first of all we will arrive at tbilisi at 2 am. we allready organised transfer, but we will arrive in gudauri very early in the morning. we plan to go skiing, but i am not sure what we are going to do until the lifts open. any suggestions?

we want do do some ski touring when we are there. i studied the possibilities and realizied there ist a lot to be done beside the runs down to the military road. where does the treck to the monastery start and are there any interesting ski tours beside that?

if its snowing (what we hope), are there any tree run options in the area?

we stay at gagieti hotel. i saw its a walk to the gondola, but what i saw on the maps it should be possible to ski there after a day of riding.

is there any map material (maybe in english) for the ski touring thing?

thanks a lot for your answers,

sven

Hei Sven!

How are you doing?

please write me on sadzele@gmail.com, an will answer all your question there

Thanks 

13 декабря 2013 23:02
21 Message
21 Message
13 декабря 2013 23:02 Reply

If you have purpose for freeride or backcountry, it's very correct and good place for doing that.There is some freeride/backcountry school in Gudauri - SnowLab: I am not sure that there is English version of site but you can contact these guys-they are very professional, good guides are working in Snowlab and offer different programs,you can choose and decide with them routes,runs and etc. But before coming to Gudauri, I would recommend you to check snow level, watch forecast in order to have excellent trip. Good luck!

14 декабря 2013 04:28
2545 Posts
2545 Posts
14 декабря 2013 04:28 Reply

Hello, Sven! In Gudauri it will be necessary for you the guide with the car, and snow :)
Snowlab - good. Gia from GudauriHut - very good.

15 декабря 2013 18:38
28 Posts
28 Posts
15 декабря 2013 18:38 Reply

цитата: Gnu83

If you have purpose for freeride or backcountry, it's very correct and good place for doing that.There is some freeride/backcountry school in Gudauri - SnowLab:   I am not sure that there is English version of site but you can contact these guys-they are very professional, good guides are working in Snowlab and offer different programs,you can choose and decide with them routes,runs and etc. But before coming to Gudauri, I would recommend you to check snow level, watch forecast in order to have excellent trip. Good luck!

If you want a good advice - don't contact with people from snowlab. You will pay a lot of money for nothing.

Their prices is 50 eur for 30 minutes slope in a very big group (it can be more then 10 people). Don't trust their web-site, they wrote 3 hours program which consist 2,5 hours (climbing+transfer) and only 30 minutes of freeride.

Think by your own mind!

17 декабря 2013 23:30
35 Posts
35 Posts
17 декабря 2013 23:30 Reply

hy all, thanks for your answers!

first of all we do not need instructions or whatever. some of us are guides by themselves. just wanted to know if there is card material of the area and, if weather is foggy or if its snowing if there is any treerun oportunity in the area.

second was the question what to do when arriving at 4pm in the morning, is there any open pup, hotel, cafe or restaurant where we can kill the time un til the lifts open?

third: i found some reports about ski touring around gudauri. we probably will need a driver, but i think we can arrange it when we are there!

greatings from austria!

sven

18 декабря 2013 01:09
15 Posts
15 Posts
18 декабря 2013 01:09 Reply

You can arrange transfer question there: http://www.gudauri.ru/blog/transfer_lado/

18 декабря 2013 06:14
2545 Posts
2545 Posts
18 декабря 2013 06:14 Reply

цитата: sven

second was the question what to do when arriving at 4pm in the morning, is there any open pup, hotel, cafe or restaurant where we can kill the time un til the lifts open?

Perhaps, Tbilisi? It is a lot of hotels, cafe, restaurants. You can look at the beautiful city. In the 6th mornings you will go to Gudauri.

28 декабря 2013 13:29
35 Posts
35 Posts
28 декабря 2013 13:29 Reply

hy all!

thanks for your suggestions. i made up a new plan! i think we will go for ski touring the first day in the morning when we arrive. we can start at 07:00 am or even earlier, and will be back for lunch. would be great if you know somebody who can arrange transfer to the start of the track to the monastir. (ther must me a nice skitour up to an old church, saw some reports from people who have been there, but dont know the name). when w are back we can take some sleep in the hotel.

thanks for your help,

sven

Food delivery in Gudauri!
Discounts for Accomodation
Transfers, Tours, Sightseeing
Delivery: food, hookah
Retro hotel (14 beds)
Moscow-Gudauri-Moscow:
70 euro flight
Используйте прокрутку для просмотра всей таблицы